Malta International Airshow
Book Our Offer
Held annually each September at the Malta International Airport (ex: RAF Luqa) , the Malta International Air Show, one of Malta's largest outdoor events, has gained the well-earned reputation as one of Malta's top outdoor family events.
The Malta International Airshow is the result of strong lobbying from the Malta Aviation Society for many years until approval was given to hold the first display in September of 1993. Held over the magnificent Marsamxetto Harbour with its surrounding bastions, the public was entertained to a spectacular aerial display culminating with the Patrouille de France giving their first display in Maltese skies. Another show stopper was the German Air Force 'Luftwaffe' F-4 Phantom with its various low passes over the water.
Nineteen years have elapsed since the very first proper airshow held in Malta and the event has grown both in numbers as well as quality. Over the years, the Malta International Airshow has attracted many interesting aircraft including Israeli F-15s and F-16s, Czech L-39, Italian F-104s and Do-228, Ex-Israeli A-4 Skyhawks, US Navy F-14, EA-6B, S-3s, F-18s, Tornados, B-52, B-1B, Spitfire and Hurricane plus most of the European national display teams including the Red Arrows, Patrouille de France, Frecce Tricolori, the Spanish team Patruila Aguoila, Swiss PC-7 Team, Breitling Jet Team, and many other types of aircraft from all over the world.
Did you know………………?
- A team of around 200 volunteers - ranging from parking and ticketing personnel to ramp operators and overall airshow operations - provide the backbone of the Air Show.
- More than 600 packed meals are produced for the volunteer staff, air and ground crew during the Airshow.
- More than two kilometers of fencing and barriers have to be erected and 10kms of rope & stake put up.
- Hailed by The Times of Malta as the largest outdoor event on the island.
- All local media extensively covers the event and is also routinely featured in foreign magazines.
- The Airshow is the most photographed event in Malta.
For further information kindly visit www.maltairshow.com.