Banquet & Events Supervisor
Department: Food & Beverage
Job Type: Full Time
We are looking for an energetic, passionate individual to join our Food & Beverage Team. The selected person will be responsible to supervise all types of banquet functions and coordinate activity on a daily basis. Oversee banquet event and ensure that all service standards, departmental policies are followed by banqueting & events staffs. Act as a single point of contact with the event organizer.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Meet and greet event organizers and guests.
- Responsible for the proper usage and good working order of all equipment, furniture and fixtures of the banqueting & events department.
- Responsible for consistently implementing the service standards and operating procedures.
- Ensure staff appearance and uniforms are correct at all times.
- Provide excellent customer service and ensure customer needs are met.
- Supervise events and team members throughout service.
- Support and guide the banqueting & events team in set-up of tables and furniture.
- Set-up buffets with food presentation standards and practices in mind, ensuring safe food handling performance.
- Be familiar with all current and upcoming event details. React quickly to last minute changes.
- Resolve staff and customer concerns quickly and efficiently.
- Organise transportation of equipment to offsite catering events.
- Responsible for ensuring sufficient operating guest supplies, beverage supplies and operating equipment for functions assigned.
- Proven work experience in the same role for at least 2 years.
- Active listening and effective communication skills.
- Team spirit.
- Attentiveness and patience for customers.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Strong organizational and multitasking skills, with the ability to perform well in a fast-paced environment.
- Should be able to work under pressure and also work in long or break shifts.
- Very good knowledge of spoken and written English.
- Holds a local Food Handling License in accordance with the Food Safety Commission of Malta.