This vacancy is no longer available. Kindly have a look at our Careers Page to view our current openings.
Banqueting F&B Supervisor
We invite you to become part of The Phoenicia Story
Work at The Phoenicia Malta
Why? Besides, being a historical 5-star gem, a cherished national treasure, and beloved local landmark, The Phoenicia Malta has been attracting stars, socialites and the crowned heads of Europe for over 60 years. All our guests and employees alike, are our very own ‘stars’, our pride and joy.
A career promise for the stars of the industry (past, present and future).
Our commitment to work is the fruit of a unique collaboration, and a truly professional philosophy. We are all about giving a beautiful part of ourselves in each aspect of our thriving hotel operations. We promise you, that it will be a seriously enriching growth experience. A career you will always be proud of. Discover more, today.
Personality & Role Profile
You are an energetic and charismatic person thriving to provide a superb level of service to all your guests. As a supervisor, you will supervise all type of banquet functions and coordinate activity on a daily basis. Oversee banquet event and ensure that all service standards, departmental policies are followed by banqueting & events staffs. Act as a single point of contact with the event organizer.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Meet and greet event organizers and guests
- Responsible for the proper usage and good working order of all equipment, furniture and fixtures of the banqueting & events department
- Responsible for consistently implementing the service standards and operating procedures
- Ensure staff appearance and uniforms are correct at all times
- Provide excellent customer service and ensure customer needs are met
- Supervise events and team members throughout service
- Be familiar with all current and upcoming event details. React quickly to last minute changes
- Co-ordinate with the Kitchen and housekeeping department
- Organise Transportation of equipment to offsite catering events
- Responsible for ensuring sufficient operating guest supplies, beverage supplies and operating equipment for functions assigned
Desirable Experience, Qualifications, & Attributes
- Proven work experience in the same role for at least 2 years
- Active listening and effective communication skills
- Team spirit
- Attentiveness and patience for customers
- Excellent presentation skills
- Strong organizational and multitasking skills, with the ability to perform well in a fast-paced environment
- Should be able to work under pressure and also work in long or break shifts
- Very good knowledge of spoken and written English
- Holds a local Food Handling License in accordance with the Food Safety Commission of Malta
Are you the one we are looking for?
The Phoenicia Malta offers a safe haven to connect to people, and embrace inspiring stories. We have been delivering exceptional service to guests from all over the world. Our ultimate goal is to be the most amazing place to stay in the Mediterranean, while offering you the chance to be very much, an integral part of ‘the family’. Our hotel is a proud member of The Leading Hotels of the World. And we want you to be part of it.