Cost Controller and Purchasing Manager
We invite you to become part of The Phoenicia Story
Work at The Phoenicia Malta
Why? Besides, being a historical 5-star gem, a cherished national treasure, and beloved local landmark, The Phoenicia Malta has been attracting stars, socialites and the crowned heads of Europe for over 70 years. All our guests and employees alike, are our very own ‘stars’, our pride and joy.
A career promise for the stars of the industry (past, present and future).
Our commitment to work is the fruit of a unique collaboration, and a truly professional philosophy. We are all about giving a beautiful part of ourselves in each aspect of our thriving hotel operations. We promise you, that it will be a seriously enriching growth experience. A career you will always be proud of. Discover more, today.
Personality & Role Profile
You will be the leader of our purchasing department. As a Cost Control and Purchasing Manager you will ensure that the purchasing operation for the hotel runs smoothly and effectively. You will ensure that quality and price are not compromised while monitor and control all procedures that affect receipt, issuance and general controls of procured items.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Developing and implementing purchasing strategies.
- Managing supplier relations.
- Preparing cost estimates and managing budgets.
- Managing daily purchasing activities and supervise Storekeepers.
- Requesting and obtaining quotes on the request of Heads of Departments.
- Strictly adhere to the authorisation procedure before ordering food and beverage, stationery and printing, guest and cleaning supplies and non-inventory operational items.
- Maintain menu costing on all food and beverage items and inform the Financial Controller of any pricing problems
- Ensuring that par stock levels are maintained.
- To ensure that the storekeeper posts all issues on a daily basis and that the authorisation is fully adhered to.
- Prepare weekly flash food cost report.
- Coordinating and performing monthly stock takes.
- Organising spot checks of outlets during the month & report of the final outcome.
- Issuing of monthly food and beverage and general supplies reports & journals to the Financial Controller.
- Working to improve purchasing systems and processes.
Desirable Experience, Qualifications, & Attributes
- Experience as a purchasing manager or in a similar position (preferably within hospitality).
- Deep knowledge of inventory and supply chain management.
- Supervisory and management experience.
- Proficiency in Materials Control Software and Microsoft Office.
- Strong communication and negotiation skills.
- Strong planning and organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Have an eye for detail.
The Phoenicia Malta offers a safe haven to connect to people, and embrace inspiring stories. We have been delivering exceptional service to guests from all over the world. Our ultimate goal is to be the most amazing place to stay in the Mediterranean, while offering you the chance to be very much, an integral part of ‘the family’. Our hotel is a proud member of The Leading Hotels of the World. And we want you to be part of it.