Demi Chef De Partie
Job Type: Full Time
A dedicated individual eager to assist the Executive Chef, Head Chef, Sous Chef and Chef De Parties with implementing and maintaining all standards, policies and procedures relating to food quality specifications, preparation, storage. Assist with all Health and Food Safety areas of Due Diligence as laid out by management of the The Phoenicia Malta’s Health & Safety HACCP documents.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Conversant with Health & Food Safety Policies and Food Safety Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP).
- Ensures all menu items are properly prepared and never misplaced using correct recipes, methods of preparation and presentation to maintain consistency.
- Controls food wastage without compromising on food quality. Adjust the mise en place to ensure that correct portion control is prepared and set up for service in the kitchen, therefore at no time the kitchen will run short of menu items.
- Ensures that all purchased and prepared foods are labelled, dated and food stocks rotated, kept in legal, hygienic conditions.
- Ensures that all food preparation areas are maintained in a clean state and in good repair.
- Stores food and other items hygienically and safely at all times to ensure there is never any chance a guest will receive contaminated food.
- Hotel/Catering School Diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Willingness to learn.
- A high standard of personal presentation.
- Positive attitude, professional and welcoming personality.
- A passion for food and developing own culinary skills.
- Great team player.