Director of Sales and Marketing
Department: Sales & Marketing
Job Type: Full Time
We are looking for an energetic and passionate individual to lead our Sales Team on a full-time basis. The successful candidate will be responsible for maximizing hotel revenue and profitability from all market segments of the hotel. Creates a working environment that includes development of people, recognition for performance by reward, implement a Sales culture, vision of business trends, excellent customer service, sales focus. Contributes with his/her actions and attitude to the construction of a good atmosphere within the Hotel. Puts emphasis on achieving revenue and up selling.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensure consistency and growth in productivity by servicing existing clients and exploring new accounts effectively.
- To be customer focused in dealing with the clients accounts allocated and ensuring the servicing of the accounts as agreed and evidenced by the PMS of the hotel.
- Responsible for all revenues of the hotel-rooms, Banqueting and other income.
- Set yearly/periodic targets for each and every account in the individual territory updating the Property Management System (PMS) & Database System. Targets to be set according to previous year’s results and potential of the account in current year.
- Ensure the PMS is maintained with updated information.
- To meet and greet potential clients, visiting VIP’s and show facilities of the hotel when necessary.
- Supervise and control the Sales Department activities.
- Maintain detailed information on local competitors.
- Compile Monthly Action Plan in consultation with the General Manager.
- Attend local and international travel trade exhibitions and road shows to promote the hotel.
- Minimum five years’ experience in a similar position in a 5-star hotel environment.
- Positive mindset and willingness to exceed targets.
- Proven success in developing international client relationships within the luxury sector.
- Proven leader with ability to motivate and inspire all team members.
- Strong communication, exceptional negotiating and leadership skills.
- Passionate about delivering the highest levels of service.
- Ability to work to strict deadlines in an organised fashion and on own initiative.
- Proven experience in budget planning.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Opera Hotel Management System.