Director of Sales
Job Category: Sales & Marketing
Job Type: Full Time
The Phoenicia Malta has been delivering exceptional service to guests from all over the world since 1947. The hotel is a proud member of The Leading Hotels of the World.
We are looking for an energetic, passionate individual to lead our Sales Team on a full time basis. The successful candidate will be responsible for maximizing hotel revenue and profitability from all market segments. He/she will be in charge of the development, recognition and leadership of the sales team. Will contribute with his/her actions and attitude to the construction of a good atmosphere within the team and the Hotel.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure consistency and growth in productivity by servicing existing clients and exploring new accounts effectively.
- To be customer focused in dealing with the clients accounts allocated and ensuring the servicing of the accounts as agreed and evidenced by the PMS of the hotel.
- Responsible for all revenues of the hotel-rooms, Banqueting and other income
- Set yearly/periodic targets for each and every account in the individual territory updating the Property Management System (PMS) & Database System. Targets to be set according to previous year’s results and potential of the account in current year.
- Ensure the PMS is maintained with updated information.
- To meet and greet potential clients, visiting VIP’s and show facilities of the hotel when necessary.
- Supervise and control the Sales Department activities.
- Maintain detailed information on local competitors.
- Compile Monthly Action Plan in consultation with the General Manager.
- Attend local and international travel trade exhibitions and road shows to promote the hotel.
- Previous experience in Hotel sales environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications
- Excellent command of the English language and one other language
- Ability to work to strict deadlines in an organised fashion and on own initiative
- Knowledge of Opera PMS
How to apply
Send your cover letter and CV using the online form or directly to our HR Manager on firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to meeting you!