Event Sales Executive
Department: Sales & Marketing
Job Type: Full Time
The Phoenicia is looking for an energetic, passionate individual to assist the Sales Team on a fulltime basis as an Events Sales Executive. The selected candidate will be responsible for maximising hotel revenue and profitability through events, banqueting and weddings sales. Duties are carried out in line with the hotel’s guidelines and business plan, the departmental business plan, and the Hotel’s service concepts.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Promote a helpful and professional image to the customer when requiring assistance with full cooperation, ensuring a prompt, caring, and helpful attitude.
- Assist and follow-up on potential inquiries as necessary in a prompt, efficient, and professional manner.
- Strive to anticipate customer needs whenever possible to enhance quality service, and in turn enhance customer satisfaction in accordance with Hotel standards.
- Set yearly/periodic targets according to previous year’s results and according to current business trends as agreed with the Groups and Events Manager.
- Keep a constant update on availability of conference rooms in liaison with Reservations, the Revenue Manager, the F&B Operations Manager, and the Groups and Events Manager.
- Previous experience in event sales environment.
- Proven record of negotiated deals related to events organisation.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications.
- Excellent command of the English language and one other language.
- Ability to work to strict deadlines in an organised fashion and on own initiative.
- Knowledge of Opera Sales & Catering will be considered an asset.