Job Category: Food and Beverage
Job Type: Full Time
Become part of our Story!
The Phoenicia Malta offers a safe haven to connect to people, and embrace inspiring stories. We have been delivering exceptional service to guests from all over the world. The hotel is a proud member of The Leading Hotels of the World.
Role Description: A dedicated individual eager and willing to assist in the serving food and beverages in the restaurant, bar or lounge efficiently and in a courteous manner.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Greet and escort customers to their tables
- Present menu and provide detailed information when asked (e.g. about portions, ingredients or potential food allergies)
- Prepare tables by setting up linens, silverware and glasses
- Take accurate food and drinks orders, using a handheld Micros Simphony point of sale
- Check dishes and kitchenware for cleanliness and presentation and report any problems
- Deliver checks and collect bill payments
- Carry dirty plates, glasses and silverware to kitchen for cleaning
- Polish plates, glassware and silverware
- Meet with restaurant staff to review daily specials, changes on the menu and service specifications for reservations
- Provide excellent customer service to guests
- Proven work experience in the same role or similar
- Team spirit
- Flexibility to work in shifts
- Hands-on experience with cash and ideally with Micros Simphony point of sale
- Excellent presentation skills
- Very good knowledge of spoken and written English
- Holds a local Food Handling License in accordance with the Food Safety Commission of Malta
How to apply
Send your cover letter and CV using the online form or directly to our HR Manager on firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to meeting you!