We invite you to become part of The Phoenicia Story
Work at The Phoenicia Malta
Why? Besides, being a historical 5-star gem, a cherished national treasure, and beloved local landmark, The Phoenicia Malta has been attracting stars, socialites and the crowned heads of Europe for over 60 years. All our guests and employees alike, are our very own ‘stars’, our pride and joy.
A career promise for the stars of the industry (past, present and future).
Our commitment to work is the fruit of a unique collaboration, and a truly professional philosophy. We are all about giving a beautiful part of ourselves in each aspect of our thriving hotel operations. We promise you, that it will be a seriously enriching growth experience. A career you will always be proud of. Discover more, today.
Personality & Role Profile
You are an energetic and charismatic person thriving to provide a superb level of service to all your guests. As a supervisor, you will ensure a consistent 5 star customer service and thrive to maximise efficiency in any Food and Beverage outlet you will be assigned. Our ultimate goal is to ensure all our guests enjoy their visit to The Phoenicia so that by the time they leave, they are already planning to come back.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Assists the Outlet/Assistant Manager in his/her responsibilities.
- Take full responsibility for the restaurant operation in the absence of the Manager
- Train, supervise and motivate the team.
- Observe performance and encourage improvement.
- Inspect working areas before and after meal periods.
- Communicate with kitchen team to issue the daily specials menu.
- Hold pre-service briefing to communicate specials, missing items, special requests.
- Present menu, make recommendations and answer questions.
- Upsell products.
- Check on guest’s satisfaction.
- Monitor service and ensure that LQA standards are met at all times.
- Acquire thorough knowledge of food and beverage menus.
- Advise guests and promote additional sales.
- Ensure that proper opening and closing functions are completed each shift.
- Assists management with monthly beverage stock take and equipment inventory.
- Issue daily end of shift report and provide management with feedbacks.
Desirable Experience, Qualifications, & Attributes
- Previous Experience in a 5-star environment for at least 3 years in a similar or higher position
- Thorough knowledge of F&B outlet preparations, including foods, beverages, supervisory aspect, serving techniques and guest interaction.
- Strong organizational and leadership skills, with the ability to perform well in a fast-paced environment
- A high standard of personal presentation.
- Confident, professional and welcoming personality.
- Very good knowledge of spoken and written English
- Hands-on experience with cash and ideally with Micros Simphony point of sale
- Holds a local Food Handling License in accordance with the Food Safety Commission of Malta
The Phoenicia Malta offers a safe haven to connect to people, and embrace inspiring stories. We have been delivering exceptional service to guests from all over the world. Our ultimate goal is to be the most amazing place to stay in the Mediterranean, while offering you the chance to be very much, an integral part of ‘the family’. Our hotel is a proud member of The Leading Hotels of the World. And we want you to be part of it.