We invite you to become part of The Phoenicia Story
Work at The Phoenicia Malta
Why? Besides, being a historical 5-star gem, a cherished national treasure, and beloved local landmark, The Phoenicia Malta has been attracting stars, socialites and the crowned heads of Europe for over 60 years. All our guests and employees alike, are our very own ‘stars’, our pride and joy.
A career promise for the stars of the industry (past, present and future).
Our commitment to work is the fruit of a unique collaboration, and a truly professional philosophy. We are all about giving a beautiful part of ourselves in each aspect of our thriving hotel operations. We promise you, that it will be a seriously enriching growth experience. A career you will always be proud of. Discover more, today.
Personality & Role Profile
You are an energetic and charismatic person thriving to provide a superb level of service to all your guests You will be responsible for the organisation and efficiency of the Hotel’s Food and Beverage Operation in compliance with established hotel policies and achievement of all targets concerning revenues, costs, quality and standards. Will contribute with actions and attitude to the construction of a good atmosphere within the hotel.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- The Food & Beverage Manager is responsible for the activities in the various departments/outlets, maintaining and improving productivity, workforce management, training, creativity and merchandising to increase guest satisfaction and sales
- Work closely with the other Heads of Departments to ensure a constant flow of information and the best level of mutual trust between all departments
- Leads the Restaurant Operations Manager and the Banqueting Manager and Outlet Managers to instil a sense of One Team attitude throughout all F&B operations
- Manages the administration and maintenance of the Micros POS system and ensures that all Menu items and prices are up-to-date
- Keeps abreast of current trends and new equipment through literature and supplier information
- Constantly looking at ways to improve guest satisfaction by ensuring that service standards are being adhered to at all times.
- Manages the performance of subordinates and take timely corrective measures to avoid conflicts.
- Be visible and available to guests and staff so that they will approach him/her as necessary
Desirable Experience, Qualifications, & Attributes
- Proven food and beverage management experience in a 5 Star hotel environment
- Working knowledge of various computer software programs (MS Office, Opera, Micros POS)
- Ability to spot and resolve problems efficiently
- Mastery in delegating multiple tasks
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
- Up to date with food and beverages trends and best practices
- Ability to manage personnel and meet financial targets
- Guest-oriented and service-minded
- Culinary school diploma or degree in food service management or related field
The Phoenicia Malta offers a safe haven to connect to people, and embrace inspiring stories. We have been delivering exceptional service to guests from all over the world. Our ultimate goal is to be the most amazing place to stay in the Mediterranean, while offering you the chance to be very much, an integral part of ‘the family’. Our hotel is a proud member of The Leading Hotels of the World. And we want you to be part of it.