This vacancy is no longer available. Kindly have a look at our Careers Page to view our current openings.
Food & Beverage Assistant Supervisor
Department: Food & Beverage
Job Type: Full Time
The Phoenicia Malta offers a safe haven to connect to people, and embrace inspiring stories. We have been delivering exceptional service to guests from all over the world. The hotel is a proud member of The Leading Hotels of the World.
We are looking for an ambitious individual to join the Food and Beverage service team. As a supervisor, you will ensure a consistent 5-star customer service and thrive to maximise efficiency in any of our Food and Beverage outlets that you will be assigned.
The ultimate goal of all our staff is to ensure that our guests enjoy their visit to The Phoenicia, so much so that they are already planning the next visit.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assists the Outlet/Assistant Manager in his/her responsibilities.
- Take full responsibility for the restaurant operation in the absence of the Manager
- Train, supervise and discipline the team.
- Observe performance and encourage improvement.
- Inspect working areas before and after meal periods.
- Communicate with kitchen team to issue the daily specials menu.
- Hold pre-service briefing to communicate specials, missing items, special requests.
- Present menu, make recommendations and answer questions.
- Upsell products.
- Check on guest’s satisfaction.
- Seek appropriate opportunities to personalize interaction with guests.
- Handle complaints.
- Monitor service and ensure that LQA standards are met at all times.
- Acquire thorough knowledge of food and beverage menus.
- Advise guests and promote additional sales.
- Ensure that proper opening and closing functions are completed each shift.
- Assists management with monthly beverage stock take and equipment inventory.
- Issue daily end of shift report and provide management with feedback.
- Previous Experience in a 5-star environment for at least 3 years in a similar or higher position
- Thorough knowledge of F&B outlet preparations, including foods, beverages, supervisory aspect, serving techniques and guest interaction.
- Strong organizational and leadership skills, with the ability to perform well in a fast-paced environment
- A high standard of personal presentation.
- Confident, professional and welcoming personality.
- Very good knowledge of spoken and written English
- Hands-on experience with cash and ideally with Micros Simphony point of sale
- Holds a local Food Handling License in accordance with the Food Safety Commission of Malta.
How to apply
Send your cover letter and CV to our HR Manager on [email protected]
We look forward to meeting you!