Front Office Agent
We invite you to become part of The Phoenicia Story
Work at The Phoenicia Malta
Why? Besides, being a historical 5-star gem, a cherished national treasure, and beloved local landmark, The Phoenicia Malta has been attracting stars, socialites and the crowned heads of Europe for over 70 years. All our guests and employees alike, are our very own ‘stars’, our pride and joy.
A career promise for the stars of the industry (past, present and future).
Our commitment to work is the fruit of a unique collaboration, and a truly professional philosophy. We are all about giving a beautiful part of ourselves in each aspect of our thriving hotel operations. We promise you, that it will be a seriously enriching growth experience. A career you will always be proud of. Discover more, today.
Personality & Role Profile
You are an energetic and passionate person thriving to ensure that all our guests receive the best hotel experience from the moment they arrive till they depart.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Provides courteous service to guests by adhering to The Leading Hotels of the World and the hotel standards
- Demonstrates sound knowledge of all services and facilities provided by the Hotel
- Processes guest check-in and check-out accordingly as per departmental standards and procedures
- Ensures that policy and procedure standards are adhered to when registering guests, escorting guests to their room, dealing with reservations and walk ins and any special requests
- Ensures guests’ satisfaction by anticipating their needs and attending to their requests and enquiries, courteously and efficiently.
- Act as Night Audit/Manager shifts reliever as required and perform any related duties as described in the policy
Desirable Experience, Qualifications, & Attributes
- Relevant experience in a luxury hotel environment
- Good Knowledge of Maltese history and culture
- Good command of English (both oral and written) and at least two other languages preferably French and German
- Computer literate and good working knowledge of Opera (PMS)
- Has excellent communication skills and pleasant telephone manners
- Team player and able to work in shifts (including weekend and nights)
The Phoenicia Malta offers a safe haven to connect to people, and embrace inspiring stories. We have been delivering exceptional service to guests from all over the world. Our ultimate goal is to be the most amazing place to stay in the Mediterranean, while offering you the chance to be very much, an integral part of ‘the family’. Our hotel is a proud member of The Leading Hotels of the World. And we want you to be part of it.