Front Office Manager
We invite you to become part of The Phoenicia Story
Work at The Phoenicia Malta
Why? Besides, being a historical 5-star gem, a cherished national treasure, and beloved local landmark, The Phoenicia Malta has been attracting stars, socialites and the crowned heads of Europe for over 70 years. All our guests and employees alike, are our very own ‘stars’, our pride and joy.
A career promise for the stars of the industry (past, present and future).
Our commitment to work is the fruit of a unique collaboration, and a truly professional philosophy. We are all about giving a beautiful part of ourselves in each aspect of our thriving hotel operations. We promise you, that it will be a seriously enriching growth experience. A career you will always be proud of. Discover more, today.
Personality & Role Profile
You are an energetic and passionate person eager to lead our Front Office Team. You will direct and coordinate all Front Office activities while acting as a liaison between the guest and management. You will also ensure an efficient, prompt, courteous and trouble free service to all hotel customers to maximise guest satisfaction and rooms revenue.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Operate all aspects of Front Office computer system, including software maintenance, report generation and analysis, and simple configuration changes.
- Participates in the selection of front office personnel.
- Trains, cross –trains, and retrains all front office personnel.
- Evaluates the job performance of each front office employee.
- Conducts regularly scheduled meetings of front office personnel.
- Verifies that accurate room status information is maintained and properly communicated.
- Review Front office log book and Guest feedback forms on a daily basis.
- Resolves guest problems quickly, efficiently, and courteously.
- Checks cashiers in and out and verifies banks and deposits at the end of each shift.
- Schedules the Front Office Staff
- Enforces all cash-handling and credit policies.
- Maximize room revenue and occupancy by reviewing status daily. Analyse rate variance, monitor credit report and maintain close observation of daily house count. Monitor selling status of house daily.
- Participate in the Manager on Duty program.
Desirable Experience, Qualifications, & Attributes
- At least 5 years experience in a similar role in a 5 Star hotel
- Proficiency in English (written & spoken) and preferably fluent in two other languages,
- Customer service driven with outstanding communication and active listening skills
- Excellent problem-solving and multitasking skills
- Leadership skills along with the ability to motivate a team into high performance
- Computer literate with good knowledge of OPERA.
The Phoenicia Malta offers a safe haven to connect to people, and embrace inspiring stories. We have been delivering exceptional service to guests from all over the world. Our ultimate goal is to be the most amazing place to stay in the Mediterranean, while offering you the chance to be very much, an integral part of ‘the family’. Our hotel is a proud member of The Leading Hotels of the World. And we want you to be part of it.