Front Office Manager
Department: Front Office
Job Type: Full Time
Directly supervises all front office personnel and ensures proper completion of all front office duties. Directs and coordinates the activities of the front desk, guest relations and guest services, concierge and porter areas. Also manages all activities at the Front Desk, acting as a liaison between guests and Management in order to provide efficient, prompt, courteous, trouble-free and proactive service to customers; hence maximise guest satisfaction and rooms revenue.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Operate all aspects of Front Office computer system, including software maintenance, report generation and analysis, and simple configuration changes.
- Participate in the selection of front office personnel.
- Train, cross-train, and retrain all front office personnel.
- Evaluate the job performance of each front office employee.
- Conduct regular scheduled meetings of front office personnel.
- Supervise workload during shifts.
- Verify that accurate room status information is maintained and properly communicated.
- Review Front Office log book and Guest feedback forms on a daily basis.
- Resolve guest problems quickly, efficiently, and courteously.
- Maintain an organised and comprehensive filing system with documentation of purchases, vouchers, schedules, forecasts, reports and tracking logs.
- Ensure logging and delivery of all messages, packages, and mail in a timely and professional manner.
- Maintain, monitor, and prepare group requirements. Relay information to appropriate personnel.
- Check cashiers in and out and verifies banks and deposits at the end of each shift.
- Schedule the Front Office Staff.
- Enforce all cash-handling and credit policies.
- Maintain working relationships and communicate with all departments.
- Maximise room revenue and occupancy by reviewing status daily. Analyse rate variance, monitor credit report and maintain close observation of daily house count. Monitor selling status of house daily.
- Participate in the Manager on Duty program.
- The above description is not to be regarded as exhaustive. Other tasks and responsibilities of a broadly comparable nature may be added on a temporary or permanent basis, as appropriate.
- At least 5 years experience in a similar role in a 5 star hotel.
- Proficiency in English (written and spoken) and preferably fluent in two other languages.
- Customer service driven with outstanding communication and active listening skills.
- Excellent problem-solving and multi-tasking skills.
- Leadership skills along with the ability to motivate a team into high performance.
- Computer literate with good knowledge of OPERA.