Groups and Events Manager
Department: Sales & Marketing
Job Type: Full Time
We are looking for an energetic and passionate individual to join our Sales Team. The successful candidate will be accountable for maximizing revenue and profitability for the hotel through the effective selling and management of all events happening within The Phoenicia Malta. With a focus on reinforcing the luxury positioning of the property, will ensure the selling and operations of events is focused around building and solidifying the desired positioning of The Phoenicia Malta, both on a national and international level. Will collaborate closely with all members of the Sales, Marketing and Revenue Management Teams to ensure the highest level of service for clients at all steps of the customer journey. Will effectively lead and develop his/her team to create a positive team dynamic which leads to loyalty and positive recommendations from internal and external customers.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Accountable for achieving maximum profitability from the sale and operation of corporate and social events and celebrations at The Phoenicia Malta.
- Pro-actively provides departmental updates re: key information including VIPs attending events, important events, competitor events etc. to GM and HODs.
- Meets and greets clients at events to ensure highest level of client satisfaction.
- Manages the activities and efforts of the operations of all events at The Phoenicia Malta including both rooms related groups and events business.
- Conducts site inspections, client meetings, pre/post con meetings for groups, conferences, weddings and social events both independently and in-conjunction with the Sales Team.
- Works with the Director of Sales and Marketing and Director of Revenue to develop meaningful and measurable standards, objectives and goals.
- Develops and sends proposals, contracts and pro-forma invoices and ensures adherence to the deposit, liability and cancellation guidelines in line with hotel policy.
- Carries out any necessary client negotiations in order to secure business in line with the objectives of the department.
- Minimum five years’ experience in a similar position in a 5-star hotel environment.
- Positive mindset and willingness to exceed targets.
- Proven success in developing international client relationships within the luxury sector.
- Proven leader with ability to motivate and inspire all team members.
- Strong communication, exceptional negotiating and leadership skills.
- Passionate about delivering the highest levels of service.
- Ability to work to strict deadlines in an organised fashion and on own initiative.
- Proven experience in budget planning.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Opera Hotel Management System.