Guest Service Agent
Department: Front Office
Job Type: Full Time
An energetic, passionate individual to assist the Front Office Team in providing an efficient and courteous guest service with pride. Answers incoming calls and directs them to guest rooms, to hotel personnel or departments through the telephone console. Takes and distributes messages for guests, provides information on guest services, and answers inquires about public hotel events.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Answer incoming calls.
- Direct calls to guest rooms, staff, or departments through the switchboard or PBX system.
- Place outgoing calls.
- Execute the Sick Leave procedure as per company policy.
- Keep abreast of local social events, shows, and contact persons/numbers of places of interest.
- Respond to guest questions regarding the hotel, in-house facilities and local events.
- Prepare lists and reports as requested, as well as invitations for guest Cocktail Party.
- Check the daily arrival list and updating registration cards accordingly.
- Assist with compilation of SAG amenity reports.
- Obtain daily information like: Duty Manager, daily in-house activities, events, banquets, and other activities and compile relevant sections on the Daily Flash Report.
- Pass guest requests and other information to various departments accurately, such as restaurant bookings, laundry, maintenance requests, etc.
- Fluent level of English (written & spoken) and at least one other language.
- Possess good communication skills, confident and professional telephone manner.
- Ability to work under pressure and with attention to detail.
- Computer literate, basic knowledge of OPERA and a ‘can do’ attitude.