Junior Sous Chef
Job Type: Full Time
We are looking for an energetic and passionate individual to join the Kitchen Team, on a full-time basis, in assisting the Executive Chef and Sous Chef in ensuring the highest levels of food production in the kitchen.
The chosen candidate will be responsible for the day-to-day management of the kitchen during his/her shift, monitoring and ensuring that the set standards are kept at all times.
Duties & Responsibilities
- In absence of Sous Chef, ensure the department is adequately staffed, being responsible for duty rosters and to delegate staff duties – this to include coverage for holidays, sickness and absenteeism.
- Maintain the agreed standard detailed in The Phoenicia Standards & Training Manual.
- Assist Executive Chef/Sous Chef(s) in all chef training and development.
- Assist other hotel departments as and when necessary and works in close coordination with Food and Beverage service team.
- Ensure all junior chefs are correctly prepared and ready for the service period.
- Ensure that all food preparation areas are maintained in a clean and hygienic state.
- Ensure that all food preparation, storage areas, equipment and machinery are maintained, clean, and in good repair.
- Experience and training in European leading 5-star hotels and restaurants at a supervisory level.
- A leader with excellent managerial skills.
- Committed, hardworking and with a flexible attitude.
- Organised, systematic and ready to train, manage and motivate the team.
- Computer literate and good communication skills especially in written and spoken English.
- A thorough knowledge of HACCP processes.
- Formal catering related qualifications.