Luxury & Lifestyle Manager
Department: Sales & Marketing
Job Type: Full Time
We are looking for passionate individual to take the responsibility to position The Phoenicia Malta as THE leading luxury hotel in Malta and across Mediterranean. Will support the DOS&M, GM and HODs in maximising the full potential (revenue, profitability, publicity) of all internally organised events and will be pro-active in developing and implementing The Phoenicia Malta events program. At all times the vision and values of The Phoenicia Malta will be brought to life through the way these events are brought to life.
Supports the Deep Nature Spa Manager to exceed KPIs of the spa.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Respond to requests for information from the media or local or international authorities, such as MTA. All requests must be considered based on their potential to develop exposure in key markets which have potential for the property. DOS&M or GM must provide final sign off before commitment.
- Maintain Press Relationship with local and international press, handle press visits and respond to requests for information.
- Pro-actively identify opportunities to build exposure for hotel on a local basis.
- Pro-actively provide opportunity to introduce Hotel leadership to key local and international influencers within all sectors.
- Develop annual PR strategy and implement with fine-tuning along the way based on specific needs of the hotel.
- Establish and maintain relationships with consumer, community, employee, and public interest groups.
- Work with the Communications Manager to develop and issue press releases and other media communications to promote The Phoenicia Malta as the leading luxury hotel in Malta and amongst the aspirational set.
- Entertain journalists both local and international while at the property.
- Work closely with Deep Nature Spa Team to identify opportunities to maximize revenue and exposure of the spa, through local and in-house guests.
- Responsible for developing plan for achieving goals for Deep Nature Spa Membership Program.
- Pro-actively collate competitor analysis in relation to public relations, special events and other events of interest and communicate this on regular basis to Excom and HODs.
- Conduct site visits and site inspections in a way which showcases The Phoenicia Malta as leading 5-Star hotel in Malta as required to support the Sales and Marketing team.
- Where necessary represent the hotel in overseas PR events.
- Minimum 5 years experience in 5 star/luxury hospitality.
- Positive mindset with ability to think creatively in relation to creation of events and exposure opportunities.
- Possesses a strong ability to network and build successful relationships.
- Solid communication skills – both written and in person.
- Strong collaborator and able to inspire colleagues towards delivering the best customer experience.
- Passionate about delivering the highest levels of service.
- An excellent command of English along with a personable attitude
- Ability to work to strict deadlines in an organised fashion and on own initiative.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office.