Job Type: Full Time
The Phoenicia Malta offers a safe haven to connect to people, and embrace inspiring stories. We have been delivering exceptional service to guests from all over the world. The hotel is a proud member of The Leading Hotels of the World.
The Phoenicia is looking for an energetic, passionate individual to assist the Maintenance Team on a fulltime basis in ensuring the upkeep of the Hotel’s facilities, interior, and exterior looking in excellent condition at all times.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Is responsible for the painting, tiling, stone work, and upkeep of Hotel grounds
- Liaises with Front Office and Housekeeping when emergency repairs are to be done in rooms
- Ensures that the walls, roofs, and terraces are sealed and that no water seeps through
- Inspects all shafts, and repairs any damaged pipe-work on a preventive maintenance schedule as directed by the Maintenance Manager
- Replaces or repairs damaged bathroom fixtures and executes general plumbing as required
- Maintains the overall appearance of the room according to Hotel standards; replaces broken mirrors, hanging fixtures, touch-up paintwork, and other duties as required
- A relevant certificate in either Electrical or Mechanical or any other related trade
- At least two years experience in similar position in a Hotel environment
- The ability to work flexible hours
- A good command of English, both written and verbal