Phoenix Restaurant and Terrace Manager
We invite you to become part of The Phoenicia Story
Why work with us at The Phoenicia?
Besides being a historical 5-star gem, a cherished national treasure, and beloved local landmark, The Phoenicia has been attracting stars, socialites and the crowned heads of Europe for over 60 years. All our guests and employees alike, are our very own ‘stars’, our pride and joy.
A career promise for the stars of the industry (past, present and future).
Our commitment to work is the fruit of a unique collaboration, and a truly professional philosophy. We are all about giving a beautiful part of ourselves in each aspect of our thriving hotel operations. We promise you, that it will be a seriously enriching growth experience. A career you will always be proud of. Discover more, today.
Personality & Role Profile
You are an energetic, passionate individual to join our Food and Beverage team. The Phoenix Restaurant and Terrace Manager will be responsible for the day-to-day management of all aspects of the outlet to achieve and exceed wherever possible the below success KPIs of the Outlet:
- Revenue Generation
- Guest Experience
- Employee Satisfaction
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- At all times manage the restaurant and its employees in a way that will bring The Phoenicia Malta Vision and Values to life through the delivery of an on brand high quality customer experience.
- In partnership with the F&B and Kitchen team will develop and refresh as relevant menus and wine lists to ensure highest level of guest experience while mindful of Food and Beverage cost achievement.
- Management of all aspects relating to Human Resources including:
- Management of productivity KPIs
- Vacation planning for employees
- Monitor and address as necessary employee turnover and absenteeism
- Provision of performance feedback/appraisals on a regular basis
- Identify training needs and work with HR team to develop training initiatives to constantly deliver a high quality guest experience.
- Develop, implement and reinforce initiatives to maximise employee satisfaction and engagement
- Implement and refine as relevant all SOPs related to the delivery of the guest experience.
- Ensure compliance to LQA and quality standards.
- Monitor and action as necessary initiatives to achieve highest level of guest satisfaction through reviewing and actioning issues as raised through guest feedback – direct/indirect or online
- Be a visible and hands-on manager for both guests and employees
- Be an active member of the hotel’s HOD team and support interdepartmental collaboration.
- Actively participate in relevant meetings and trainings.
- Provides on-the-job training and feedback to employees as necessary in relation to delivering the highest level of experience.
- Work closely with Sales and Marketing team to develop and update Marketing Plan and actively provide input for Social Media campaigns to promote the restaurant
- Manage all administration tasks including reporting requirements
- Ensure the highest levels of health, safety and security for employees and guests.
- Manage the control of all FF&E including crockery, cutlery, glassware, linen and equipment
- Have a solid knowledge the available technology and maximise to ensure efficiency within the department
- Assist in additional tasks as assigned by Management.
Desirable Experience, Qualifications, & Attributes
- Previous experience in managing a restaurant which is known for high level of customer experience.
- Previous experience working in a luxury hotel preferred but not mandatory.
- A solid collaborator who is willing to be flexible with working hours and a willingness to be a part of a dynamic F&B team.
- Strong leadership, motivational and people skills.
- Solid knowledge of food and beverage trends and techniques.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Good time management skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- A high standard of personal presentation.
- Confident, professional and welcoming personality.
- Very good knowledge of spoken and written English.
- Familiarity with restaurant management software, ideally ResDiary
- Hands-on experience with cash and ideally with Micros Symphony point of sale
- Holds a local Food Handling License in accordance with the Food Safety Commission of Malta
The Phoenicia Malta offers a safe haven to connect to people, and embrace inspiring stories. We have been delivering exceptional service to guests from all over the world. Our ultimate goal is to be the most amazing place to stay in the Mediterranean, while offering you the chance to be very much, an integral part of ‘the family’. Our hotel is a proud member of The Leading Hotels of the World. And we want you to be part of it.