This vacancy is no longer available. Kindly have a look at our Careers Page to view our current openings.
Part-Time Reservations Agent
We invite you to become part of The Phoenicia Story
Work at The Phoenicia Malta
Why? Besides, being a historical 5-star gem, a cherished national treasure, and beloved local landmark, The Phoenicia Malta has been attracting stars, socialites and the crowned heads of Europe for over 70 years. All our guests and employees alike, are our very own ‘stars’, our pride and joy.
A career promise for the stars of the industry (past, present and future).
Our commitment to work is the fruit of a unique collaboration, and a truly professional philosophy. We are all about giving a beautiful part of ourselves in each aspect of our thriving hotel operations. We promise you, that it will be a seriously enriching growth experience. A career you will always be proud of. Discover more, today.
Personality & Role Profile
You are ambitious, passionate and energetic person. You will be responsible to maximise hotel revenue and guest satisfaction by providing an efficient and friendly reservations experience.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Processes all reservation requests within 24 hrs of receipt.
- Deals with guest requests in a friendly and efficient manner.
- Deals with incoming correspondence, emails and reservation messages in a timely and accurate manner.
- Ensures reservations are inputted in Opera accurately with all relevant information within 24 hrs of receipt.
- Communicate appropriately special requests to all relevant departments.
- Applies up-selling techniques to maximise on selling rates.
- Promotes special offers, hotel outlets and services whenever possible.
- Maintains thorough knowledge about hotel product, services, and special offers.
- Checks arrival lists and maintains the CRM with accurate information.
- Files all reservations in a systematic order for easy referral.
- Records and processes reservation deposits.
- Enrols guests into loyalty schemes.
- Maintains and improves LQA score.
- Follows departmental SOPs and assists in maintaining up-to-date documentation.
Desirable Experience, Qualifications, & Attributes
- Computer literate with good knowledge of OPERA.
- Fluent in verbal and written English.
- Very high attention to detail.
- Outgoing, team player and customer service oriented.
Are you the one we are looking for?
The Phoenicia Malta offers a safe haven to connect to people, and embrace inspiring stories. We have been delivering exceptional service to guests from all over the world. Our ultimate goal is to be the most amazing place to stay in the Mediterranean, while offering you the chance to be very much, an integral part of ‘the family’. Our hotel is a proud member of The Leading Hotels of the World. And we want you to be part of it.