Department: Food & Beverage
Job Type: Full Time
We are looking for an energetic, passionate individual to assist the Restaurant Team in handling reservations and updating the online booking system, as well as greeting and seating guests.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Answer all incoming calls promptly and courteously.
- Ensure all bookings and messages are accurate.
- Provide guests with up to date and accurate information regarding the outlets and hotel.
- Assist in maximising table occupancy.
- Be aware of future booking constraints at all times.
- Have a good knowledge of all foods and drinks offered.
- Handle the online booking system efficiently and keep guests’ profiles updated.
- Ensure all reservations are communicated to the Manager/Headwaiter on duty in a detailed hand-over.
- Co-ordinate large bookings with the Manager before confirming to guests.
- Greet warmly incoming and departing guests and making use of their names.
- Escort guests to their seats ascertaining their preferences.
- Engage naturally with guests and up-sell when possible.
- Provide accurate wait time and monitor waiting list.
- Report and log any comments to the Manager/Headwaiter on duty at the time.
- Promote hotel outlets and services.
- Excellent guest service skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work under pressure and unsupervised.
- A high standard of personal presentation.
- Confident, professional and welcoming personality.
- Very good knowledge of spoken and written English.
- Availability to work in shifts as needed.
- Hands-on experience with cash and ideally with Micros Simphony point of sale.
- Holds a local Food Handling License in accordance with the Food Safety Commission of Malta.