Sales and Events Coordinator
We invite you to become part of The Phoenicia Story
Work at The Phoenicia Malta
Why? Besides, being a historical 5-star gem, a cherished national treasure, and beloved local landmark, The Phoenicia Malta has been attracting stars, socialites and the crowned heads of Europe for over 60 years. All our guests and employees alike, are our very own ‘stars’, our pride and joy.
A career promise for the stars of the industry (past, present and future).
Our commitment to work is the fruit of a unique collaboration, and a truly professional philosophy. We are all about giving a beautiful part of ourselves in each aspect of our thriving hotel operations. We promise you, that it will be a seriously enriching growth experience. A career you will always be proud of. Discover more, today.
Personality & Role Profile
You are an ambitious, passionate and energetic person. You will be assisting the Sales and Events team in maximising hotel revenue and profitability through banqueting, event and wedding sales.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Provides Administration support to Sales & Events team on daily basis
- Maintains and updates the Opera S&C System by entering customer/client / event data
- Assist and follow-up on potential inquiries as necessary in a prompt, efficient, and professional manner.
- Supports and manages local in-house events.
- Ensures the effective running of the Sales and Events office from a logistics perspective.
- Coordinate the Database for newsletters / mailings
- Issuing and re-issuing function sheets with correct/updated information
- Ensuring setup and signage is prepared correctly for each event
- Making phone calls to follow-up on emails
- Attending events / operations meeting to represent Sales & Events team
- Compiling event proposals.
- Directing feedback from customers to relevant departments.
- Supporting the Sales & Events team with other administrative tasks, if requested.
Desirable Experience, Qualifications, & Attributes
- Strong computer skills including all aspects of MS Office with an emphasis on database management and Excel
- Detail oriented with strong organisational skills
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Strong admin skills and ability to manage multiple tasks
- Ability to solve practical problems in a quick and timely manner and interpret a variety of instructions furnished in a written or oral form.
- Excellent English & Maltese written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work to strict deadlines in an organised fashion and on own initiative
- Knowledge of Opera Sales & Catering will be considered an asset
The Phoenicia Malta offers a safe haven to connect to people, and embrace inspiring stories. We have been delivering exceptional service to guests from all over the world. Our ultimate goal is to be the most amazing place to stay in the Mediterranean, while offering you the chance to be very much, an integral part of ‘the family’. Our hotel is a proud member of The Leading Hotels of the World. And we want you to be part of it.