We invite you to become part of The Phoenicia Story
Work at The Phoenicia Malta
Why? Besides, being a historical 5-star gem, a cherished national treasure, and beloved local landmark, The Phoenicia Malta has been attracting stars, socialites and the crowned heads of Europe for over 60 years. All our guests and employees alike, are our very own ‘stars’, our pride and joy.
A career promise for the stars of the industry (past, present and future).
Our commitment to work is the fruit of a unique collaboration, and a truly professional philosophy. We are all about giving a beautiful part of ourselves in each aspect of our thriving hotel operations. We promise you, that it will be a seriously enriching growth experience. A career you will always be proud of. Discover more, today.
Personality & Role Profile
You are ambitious, passionate and energetic person. You passionately look to grasp any opportunity to sell the hotel facilities while ensuring that guest receive a memorable experience.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for maximizing hotel revenue and profitability from all market segments of the hotel.
- Ensure consistency and growth in productivity by servicing existing clients and exploring new accounts effectively.
- Responsible for sourcing new accounts for the hotel.
- Liaising with representative Sales Offices for sales & marketing efforts as instructed by the Director of Sales & Marketing.
- Responsible for all revenues of the hotel-rooms, F&B, Banqueting and other income such as the Deep Nature Spa etc
- Assist the DOSM in setting yearly/periodic targets for each and every account in the individual territory updating the Property Management System (PMS) & Database System. Targets to be set according to previous year’s results and potential of the account in current year.
- Ensure the PMS is maintained with updated information.
- To meet and greet potential clients, visiting VIP’s and show facilities of the hotel when necessary.
- Entertain clients on a regular basis.
- Attend local and international travel trade exhibitions and road shows to promote the hotel.
- Deputizes for the DOSM in his/her absence
- Supervises closely the performance of subordinates, corrects and positively intervenes in time in order to avoid conflicts, checks on standards and quality of service and performances through daily inspection, tours and supervision.
Desirable Experience, Qualifications, & Attributes
- 3 years’ experience in Hotel sales environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications
- Excellent command of the English language and one other language
- Ability to work to strict deadlines in an organised fashion and on own initiative
- Proficient knowledge of Opera Sales & Catering
The Phoenicia Malta offers a safe haven to connect to people, and embrace inspiring stories. We have been delivering exceptional service to guests from all over the world. Our ultimate goal is to be the most amazing place to stay in the Mediterranean, while offering you the chance to be very much, an integral part of ‘the family’. Our hotel is a proud member of The Leading Hotels of the World. And we want you to be part of it.