We invite you to become part of The Phoenicia Story
Work at The Phoenicia Malta
Why? Besides, being a historical 5-star gem, a cherished national treasure, and beloved local landmark, The Phoenicia Malta has been attracting stars, socialites and the crowned heads of Europe for over 60 years. All our guests and employees alike, are our very own ‘stars’, our pride and joy.
A career promise for the stars of the industry (past, present and future).
Our commitment to work is the fruit of a unique collaboration, and a truly professional philosophy. We are all about giving a beautiful part of ourselves in each aspect of our thriving hotel operations. We promise you, that it will be a seriously enriching growth experience. A career you will always be proud of. Discover more, today.
Personality & Role Profile
You are truly honest, observant and with a strong sense of duty to protect. As a Security Officer at The Phoenicia Malta, you are responsible for safeguarding guests, employees and hotel assets against fire, theft, and other hazards. Your strong presence coupled with a commitment to excel in whatever assignment you work on will guarantee a secure and safe workplace environment.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Patrols of Hotel grounds on a regular basis, and documents activities.
- Records all written reports involving Security related incidents and guest or employee accidents.
- Communicates hazards to Security Manager or relative managers, and take appropriate corrective action as instructed.
- Handles complaints regarding security and safety, and thoroughly reports on guest or employee injuries, thefts, assaults, lost property, car accidents, loud parties, vandalism, and other guest/staff complaints to the Security Manager.
- Handles any emergency that would require partial or complete evacuation of the Hotel such as fire, armed robbery, severe injuries, power failure, or bomb threats.
- Follows Hotel key management procedures.
- Conduct bag checks and vehicle searches as required by policy.
Desirable Experience, Qualifications, & Attributes
- Ability to act quickly, calmly, and appropriately in emergency situations.
- Good command of both written and spoken English.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Prior experience in Security.
The Phoenicia Malta offers a safe haven to connect to people, and embrace inspiring stories. We have been delivering exceptional service to guests from all over the world. Our ultimate goal is to be the most amazing place to stay in the Mediterranean, while offering you the chance to be very much, an integral part of ‘the family’. Our hotel is a proud member of The Leading Hotels of the World. And we want you to be part of it.