We invite you to become part of The Phoenicia Story
Work at The Phoenicia Malta
Why? Besides, being a historical 5-star gem, a cherished national treasure, and beloved local landmark, The Phoenicia Malta has been attracting stars, socialites and the crowned heads of Europe for over 60 years. All our guests and employees alike, are our very own ‘stars’, our pride and joy.
A career promise for the stars of the industry (past, present and future).
Our commitment to work is the fruit of a unique collaboration, and a truly professional philosophy. We are all about giving a beautiful part of ourselves in each aspect of our thriving hotel operations. We promise you, that it will be a seriously enriching growth experience. A career you will always be proud of. Discover more, today.
Personality & Role Profile
You are an energetic person eager to assist the kitchen brigade with clean, sanitised dishes and pots on time. You will also ensure a clean Kitchen in line with the Hotel’s guidelines, the departmental business plan, and corporate guidelines, and service concepts.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Maintains supply of clean dishes, glassware, cutlery, pots, and other items for all food outlets in the Hotel
- Assists Kitchen staff in the correct storage of refrigerated, frozen, and dry food items
- Keeps glassware organised at all times, and stores clean dishes in the proper location
- Assists in the breakdown of banquet functions, and washes dishes from functions
- Maintains a clean Kitchen environment by assisting Kitchen staff by following standard cleaning practices
- Assists Kitchen staff with set-up and break down of the Team Restaurant
- Ensures that waste is separated in the designated bins as per Hotel policy
- Monitors trash levels in all cans and removes when needed
- Cleans and washes all Kitchen cooking units
- Cleans and washes all pot storage shelving units
- Maintains the highest standards in personal hygiene, uniform, appearance, body language, and conduct
- Follows HACCP, uniform and grooming polices scrupulously
Desirable Experience, Qualifications, & Attributes
- A genuine passion for ensuring the highest standards of cleanliness is maintained at all times
- Ability to work effectively under pressure
- Flexibility to work a variety of early and late shifts when required
- Must be a team player, positive and have a motivating and inspiring attitude
The Phoenicia Malta offers a safe haven to connect to people, and embrace inspiring stories. We have been delivering exceptional service to guests from all over the world. Our ultimate goal is to be the most amazing place to stay in the Mediterranean, while offering you the chance to be very much, an integral part of ‘the family’. Our hotel is a proud member of The Leading Hotels of the World. And we want you to be part of it.