This vacancy is no longer available. Kindly have a look at our Careers Page to view our current openings.
We invite you to become part of The Phoenicia Story
Work at The Phoenicia Malta
Why? Besides, being a historical 5-star gem, a cherished national treasure, and beloved local landmark, The Phoenicia Malta has been attracting stars, socialites and the crowned heads of Europe for over 70 years. All our guests and employees alike, are our very own ‘stars’, our pride and joy.
A career promise for the stars of the industry (past, present and future).
Our commitment to work is the fruit of a unique collaboration, and a truly professional philosophy. We are all about giving a beautiful part of ourselves in each aspect of our thriving hotel operations. We promise you, that it will be a seriously enriching growth experience. A career you will always be proud of. Discover more, today.
Personality & Role Profile
You are an energetic and charismatic person with a flair to deliver results. You will be assisting the Operational Management team with all operational and administrative support tasks to ensure the operations in rooms, Spa and food and beverage outlets run smoothly on a day-to-day basis. You will also be responsible for the implementation and execution of the overall operations plans and objectives, and to provide leadership in a dynamic, fast paced, sophisticated environment in order to promote a culture of excellence.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist the Departmental Head of Departments (F&B, Kitchen, Spa, Housekeeping & Front Office) to perform daily duties, operational plans, and any special hotel events.
- Provide ongoing, hands-on operational leadership and support to management and implement best practices, programs and procedures to drive revenue, efficiency, productivity, and a culture of excellence.
- Partner with the Sales & Marketing department, to ensure that all online communication channels related to Food & Beverage and Spa are kept updated with the correct information at all times.
- Answers social media comments and private messages
- Assist the Departmental Head of Departments with their team training planning and ensure that all teams cover the training required using the online training platforms in a timely manner
- Assisting with project management by creating assignments, tracking progress, and resolving issues.
- Update all food & beverage menus as required together with the outlet’s reservation system.
- Manage the online food & beverage reservations system
- Works closely with all other Managers to maximize interdepartmental collaboration.
- Support the Hotel Manager as required.
Desirable Experience, Qualifications, & Attributes
- Working experience in an operational department in a 5 star hotel.
- Knowledge of Opera is an asset.
- Excellent command of the English language both written and spoken and preferably another language.
- Great communication skills at all levels within the hotel operations.
Are you the one we are looking for?
The Phoenicia Malta offers a safe haven to connect to people, and embrace inspiring stories. We have been delivering exceptional service to guests from all over the world. Our ultimate goal is to be the most amazing place to stay in the Mediterranean, while offering you the chance to be very much, an integral part of ‘the family’. Our hotel is a proud member of The Leading Hotels of the World. And we want you to be part of it.