Accounts Receivable Administrator
We invite you to become part of The Phoenicia Story
Work at The Phoenicia Malta
Why? Besides, being a historical 5-star gem, a cherished national treasure, and beloved local landmark, The Phoenicia Malta has been attracting stars, socialites and the crowned heads of Europe for over 70 years. All our guests and employees alike, are our very own ‘stars’, our pride and joy.
A career promise for the stars of the industry (past, present and future).
Our commitment to work is the fruit of a unique collaboration, and a truly professional philosophy. We are all about giving a beautiful part of ourselves in each aspect of our thriving hotel operations. We promise you, that it will be a seriously enriching growth experience. A career you will always be proud of. Discover more, today.
Personality & Role Profile
You are an energetic and charismatic person with a flair to deliver results. As a member of the finance department, reporting to the Financial Controller, you are mainly responsible for maintaining accounts receivable up to date by, abiding by the hotel’s credit policy and ensure its strict application, promptly preparing invoices, processing incoming payments and follow up on debtors’ payments.
You will also work with the Front Office, Sales and Marketing and Food and Beverage teams to ensure that the information being inputted in accounts receivables is correct and that all accounts are settled in an accurate and timely manner.
Finally you will assist the Financial Controller in the month end procedures and performs any additional duties as assigned by the Financial Controller.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Posts payments received on the Property Management System and allocates these payments to invoices on a daily basis;
- Performs timely mailing of statements to debtors;
- Assists in the preparation of month end reconciliation and in the final monthly closing of the accounts receivable system;
- Ensure strict adherence to the credit policy defined by the hotel management for In-house guest ledger and city ledger;
- Collect and check all supporting documents received from Front Office, and issue invoices timely;
- Prepares reports as requested to develop a more informative database for improved management decision making and critical evaluation of work activities;
Desirable Experience, Qualifications, & Attributes
- Deep knowledge of the accounts receivable cycle;
- Organised and detail-oriented person;
- Prior experience in the hotel industry and working with Hotel Property Management Systems is consisted as an asset;
- A degree in Accountancy, ACCA, ACA or a similar qualification will be considered as an asset
The Phoenicia Malta offers a safe haven to connect to people, and embrace inspiring stories. We have been delivering exceptional service to guests from all over the world. Our ultimate goal is to be the most amazing place to stay in the Mediterranean, while offering you the chance to be very much, an integral part of ‘the family’. Our hotel is a proud member of The Leading Hotels of the World. And we want you to be part of it.