We invite you to become part of The Phoenicia Story
Work at The Phoenicia Malta
Why? Besides, being a historical 5-star gem, a cherished national treasure, and beloved local landmark, The Phoenicia Malta has been attracting stars, socialites and the crowned heads of Europe for over 70 years. All our guests and employees alike, are our very own ‘stars’, our pride and joy.
A career promise for the stars of the industry (past, present and future).
Our commitment to work is the fruit of a unique collaboration, and a truly professional philosophy. We are all about giving a beautiful part of ourselves in each aspect of our thriving hotel operations. We promise you, that it will be a seriously enriching growth experience. A career you will always be proud of. Discover more, today.
Personality & Role Profile
You are an energetic and passionate person thriving to ensure that all our guests receive the best hotel experience from the moment they arrive till they depart.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Greet and welcome guests and visitors to the hotel
- Greet visitors and guests on departure, wishing them a pleasant journey.
- Open cars/taxis doors arriving at the hotel and give help to people in need, especially old, disabled, children, and people carrying heavy loads.
- Remove all items of luggage from the vehicle of the guest and call a porter to take delivery of guest luggage into the hotel
- To call taxis for guests and visitors, to open doors as appropriate and to give directions as required.
- To direct traffic on the hotel forecourt and to ensure that the forecourt and entrance are not obstructed in any way and kept clean and tidy at all times, including the lobby area.
- Handle all guests’ requests, queries, comments and complaints in a courteous and prompt manner, taking the necessary action steps and ensuring follow-through where required.
Desirable Experience, Qualifications, & Attributes
- Excellent communication skills and a professional presentation
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work cohesively with fellow colleagues as part of a team
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
The Phoenicia Malta offers a safe haven to connect to people, and embrace inspiring stories. We have been delivering exceptional service to guests from all over the world. Our ultimate goal is to be the most amazing place to stay in the Mediterranean, while offering you the chance to be very much, an integral part of ‘the family’. Our hotel is a proud member of The Leading Hotels of the World. And we want you to be part of it.