Chef de Partie
We invite you to become part of The Phoenicia Story
Work at The Phoenicia Malta
Why? Besides, being a historical 5-star gem, a cherished national treasure, and beloved local landmark, The Phoenicia Malta has been attracting stars, socialites and the crowned heads of Europe for over 60 years. All our guests and employees alike, are our very own ‘stars’, our pride and joy.
A career promise for the stars of the industry (past, present and future).
Our commitment to work is the fruit of a unique collaboration, and a truly professional philosophy. We are all about giving a beautiful part of ourselves in each aspect of our thriving hotel operations. We promise you, that it will be a seriously enriching growth experience. A career you will always be proud of. Discover more, today.
Personality & Role Profile
You are an energetic person eager to assist the Executive chef, with implementing and maintaining all standards, policies and procedures relating to food quality specifications, preparation, storage and for all Health and Food Safety areas of “Due Diligence” according to HACCP regulations.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Conversant with Health & Food Safety Policies and Food Safety Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP)
- Ensures all menu items are properly prepared and never misplaced using correct recipes, methods of preparation and presentation to maintain consistency
- Controls food wastage without compromising on food quality. Adjust the mise en place to ensure that correct portion control is prepared and set up for service in the kitchen, therefore at no time the kitchen will run short of menu items
- Ensures that all purchased and prepared foods are labelled, dated and food stocks rotated, kept in legal, hygienic conditions
- Ensures that all food preparation areas are maintained in a clean state and in good repair
- Stores food and other items hygienically and safely at all times to ensure there is never any chance a guest will receive contaminated food
Desirable Experience, Qualifications, & Attributes
- Hotel/Catering School Diploma or equivalent
- Ability to work under pressure
- Willingness to learn
- A high standard of personal presentation
- Positive attitude, professional and welcoming personality
- A passion for food and developing own culinary skills
The Phoenicia Malta offers a safe haven to connect to people, and embrace inspiring stories. We have been delivering exceptional service to guests from all over the world. Our ultimate goal is to be the most amazing place to stay in the Mediterranean, while offering you the chance to be very much, an integral part of ‘the family’. Our hotel is a proud member of The Leading Hotels of the World. And we want you to be part of it.