This vacancy is no longer available. Kindly have a look at our Careers Page to view our current openings.
We invite you to become part of The Phoenicia Story
Work at The Phoenicia Malta
Why? Besides, being a historical 5-star gem, a cherished national treasure, and beloved local landmark, The Phoenicia Malta has been attracting stars, socialites and the crowned heads of Europe for over 70 years. All our guests and employees alike, are our very own ‘stars’, our pride and joy.
A career promise for the stars of the industry (past, present and future).
Our commitment to work is the fruit of a unique collaboration, and a truly professional philosophy. We are all about giving a beautiful part of ourselves in each aspect of our thriving hotel operations. We promise you, that it will be a seriously enriching growth experience. A career you will always be proud of. Discover more, today.
Personality & Role Profile
The Phoenicia is looking for an energetic, passionate individual to assist the Maintenance Team on a fulltime basis in assisting the Chief Engineer with the upkeep of the Hotel’s facilities, interior, and exterior and ensures excellent working condition at all times in line with the Hotel’s guidelines.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform Electrical installations and repairs
- Performing a wide variety of general building maintenance repairs and services
- Perform necessary repairs on malfunctioning plumbing equipment; repairing leaks and clearing clogged drains
- Maintaining the efficient function of boilers, water softeners etc
- Performing other duties such as pipefitting, insulating, welding, machining, repairing electrical or mechanical equipment, installing new equipment, and repairing walls, floors or stairs.
- Maintaining a professional courteous manner with all guests, vendors, contractors, and fellow employees
- Following safety standards which comply with all company and national standards
Desirable Experience, Qualifications, & Attributes
- Electrical Technician Diploma or equivalent
- Certificate in HVAC or equivalent would be considered an asset
- Wireman License A & B would be considered an asset
- At least two years’ experience in similar position
- The ability to work flexible hours
- A good command of English and Maltese, both written and verbal
Are you the one we are looking for?
The Phoenicia Malta offers a safe haven to connect to people, and embrace inspiring stories. We have been delivering exceptional service to guests from all over the world. Our ultimate goal is to be the most amazing place to stay in the Mediterranean, while offering you the chance to be very much, an integral part of ‘the family’. Our hotel is a proud member of The Leading Hotels of the World. And we want you to be part of it.