We invite you to become part of The Phoenicia Story
Work at The Phoenicia Malta
Why? Besides, being a historical 5-star gem, a cherished national treasure, and beloved local landmark, The Phoenicia Malta has been attracting stars, socialites and the crowned heads of Europe for over 60 years. All our guests and employees alike, are our very own ‘stars’, our pride and joy.
A career promise for the stars of the industry (past, present and future).
Our commitment to work is the fruit of a unique collaboration, and a truly professional philosophy. We are all about giving a beautiful part of ourselves in each aspect of our thriving hotel operations. We promise you, that it will be a seriously enriching growth experience. A career you will always be proud of. Discover more, today.
Personality & Role Profile
You are ambitious, passionate and energetic person. You will be assisting the Sales Managers in maximising hotel revenue and profitability from all market segments of the Hotel. The job incumbent is responsible for maximising hotel revenue and profitability from designated areas/markets by intelligent selection of accounts from the Account Base in the territory identifying the productive accounts for the Hotel. Duties are carried out in line with the hotel’s guidelines and business plan, the departmental business plan, and service concepts.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Sets yearly/periodic targets for each and every account in the individual territory updating Database System. Targets to be set according to previous year’s results and potential of the account in current year and as agreed with Sales Manager
- Maintains the Opera Systems by entering customer/client data
- Updates the Opera SK systems accordingly with both customer and event details.
- Assists and follows-up on potential inquiries as necessary in a prompt, efficient, and professional manner
- Strives to anticipate customer needs whenever possible to enhance quality service; and in turn enhance customer satisfaction in accordance with Hotel standards
- Forecasts potential revenues and costs to ensure that budget is met when viewing transient, banquet, and group expected revenue targets
- Has a complete knowledge of all room rates (group, rack, corporate), room availability, room types, room configurations, special VIP treatment, room block ceiling, contract terms & conditions, porterage charges, gratuity charges, room delivery charge, breakfast rate, and others
- Keeps a constant update on availability of both accommodation and conference rooms in liaison with Reservations, the Revenue Manager, the F&B Operations Manager, and the Sales Managers
- Develops and maintains sales to achieve maximum profits from rooms, conference & banqueting, and food & beverage sales
- Focuses on the markets assigned by the DOSM, and develops professional relationships with key decision makers in order to enhance Hotel sales
- Prepares reports required on customer accounts and collate relevant information for input into computerised sales systems
- Maintains an updated data system on Opera SVC of ground handlers, DMCs, conference organisers, incentive houses, venue finders, and Corporate bookers; both on a local, and on an international level
- Submits required sales reports in accordance to the reporting system set by the DOSM
Desirable Experience, Qualifications, & Attributes
- Previous experience in sales or event co-ordination
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications
- Excellent command of the English language and one other language
- Ability to work to strict deadlines in an organised fashion and on own initiative
- Knowledge of Opera Sales & Catering will be considered an asset
The Phoenicia Malta offers a safe haven to connect to people, and embrace inspiring stories. We have been delivering exceptional service to guests from all over the world. Our ultimate goal is to be the most amazing place to stay in the Mediterranean, while offering you the chance to be very much, an integral part of ‘the family’. Our hotel is a proud member of The Leading Hotels of the World. And we want you to be part of it.