We invite you to become part of The Phoenicia Story
Work at The Phoenicia Malta
Why? Besides, being a historical 5-star gem, a cherished national treasure, and beloved local landmark, The Phoenicia Malta has been attracting stars, socialites and the crowned heads of Europe for over 70 years. All our guests and employees alike, are our very own ‘stars’, our pride and joy.
A career promise for the stars of the industry (past, present and future).
Our commitment to work is the fruit of a unique collaboration, and a truly professional philosophy. We are all about giving a beautiful part of ourselves in each aspect of our thriving hotel operations. We promise you, that it will be a seriously enriching growth experience. A career you will always be proud of. Discover more, today.
Personality & Role Profile
You are an energetic person thriving to provide a superb level of service and security. As a Security Officer you will be responsible to safeguard guests, Employees and Hotel assets against fire, theft and any other hazards while maintaining sound security methods and procedures.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Patrols of Hotel grounds on a regular basis, and documents activities in accordance with Hotel and corporate Safety and Security Policies and Procedures
- Records all written reports involving Security related incidents and guest or employee accidents
- Maintains Safety and Security at the Hotel by communicating hazards to Security Manager or delegate, and taking appropriate corrective action as instructed by the Security Manager, delegate, and/or the Operations Manager.
- Handles complaints regarding security and safety, and thoroughly reports on guest or employee injuries, thefts, assaults, lost property, car accidents, loud parties, vandalism, and other guest/staff complaints to the Security Manager or delegate.
- Follows written procedures for handling any emergency that would require partial or complete evacuation of the Hotel such as fire, armed robbery, severe injuries, power failure, or bomb threats.
- Follows Hotel key management procedures and ensures that all keys are accountable, and that only authorized persons have access to keys.
- Ability to works rotating shifts, weekends and holidays.
- Conduct bag checks and vehicle searches as required by policy.
Desirable Experience, Qualifications, & Attributes
- Good command of both written and spoken English.
- Strong customer service skills
- Prior experience in Security.
- Ability to act quickly, calmly, and appropriately in emergency situations.
The Phoenicia Malta offers a safe haven to connect to people, and embrace inspiring stories. We have been delivering exceptional service to guests from all over the world. Our ultimate goal is to be the most amazing place to stay in the Mediterranean, while offering you the chance to be very much, an integral part of ‘the family’. Our hotel is a proud member of The Leading Hotels of the World. And we want you to be part of it.