The Phoenicia has been delivering exceptional service to guests from all over the world. The hotel is a proud member of The Leading Hotels of the World.
The Phoenicia is looking for an energetic, passionate individual to assist the Front Office Team on a full time basis as an Assistant Front Office Manager.
The selected individual will be required to supervise and co-ordinate the shift activities at the Front Desk, acting as a liaison between guests and Management in order to provide efficient, prompt, courteous, trouble-free and proactive service to customers; hence maximise rooms revenue and guest satisfaction. The incumbent is fluent in Front Office operation’s technology, is aware of the Hotel’s possibilities and limitations, and understands all aspects of Hotel management.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensures that Front Desk employees provide courteous service to customers by adhering to the Front Office HTDI’s, and assisting the Hotel guests as required
- Handles issues, requests, and enquires promptly and courteously, notifies the individuals concerned accordingly, and follows-up accordingly
- Takes the initiative to recommend to his/her supervisor changes in methods or equipment to improve service
- Ensures client satisfaction by anticipating their needs, and attending to their requests and inquires courteously and efficiently
- Handle guests’ comments and complaints in a professional manner, so to ensure problem resolution to the guest satisfaction.
- Seek continuous improvement of Guests Satisfaction, via increases in guest related activities, Hotel services knowledge and personal attention.
- To cover duty manager shifts and assist the Front Office Manager with the running of the department.
- Experience in a luxury hotel.
- Superior guest engagement, strong interpersonal, organisation and administration skills coupled with the ability to multi tasks.
- Sound Knowledge of Maltese History and Culture.
- Insight knowledge of Valletta and the local areas.
- Customer service driven and detail oriented.
- Good command of English and two other languages
- Computer literate and good working knowledge of Opera (PMS).
- A confident, warm and welcoming personality.
- Team player and able to work in shifts including night shifts.
How to apply
Send your cover letter and CV to our HR Manager on firstname.lastname@example.org or through the form on this page.