We are looking for an energetic, passionate individual to lead our Housekeeping team. The successful candidate will be responsible to direct and manage all operations and employees in Housekeeping and Laundry departments to obtain the highest quality of cleanliness and guest satisfaction.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Leads the operations of the Housekeeping department including Floor Supervisors, Room Attendants, Linen, Public Areas and Housemen.
- Is responsible for scheduling and overseeing the cleaning of the Hotel, including but not limited to guest rooms, public areas, back of house, linen room and uniforms’ stores.
- Mentors, motivates and conducts appraisals for the Housekeeping team members in order to provide the best service.
- Maintains and improves service standards, with a special focus on those dictated by Leading Quality Assurance in order to achieve the yearly goals
- Ensures that furnishing, facilities and equipment within the Housekeeping areas are correctly maintained and ensures that repair and maintenance is promptly executed
- Oversees inventory, purchasing, payment, and cost control for all linen, uniforms, cleaning supplies, guest rooms and rest rooms supplies, and Housekeeping related machinery and equipment.
- Conducts daily spot checks of all Housekeeping areas, including back of house and promptly addressing any issues as needed.
- Schedules and supervises all rotational and special cleaning programmes as required.
- Is responsible for all guest laundry, timely pick-up and delivery as well as correct billing.
- Co-ordinates rooms’ availability and room statuses with Front Office.
- Works together with Front Office and other departments to ensure that VIP arrivals and special guests’ requests are attended to in a timely manner.
- Carries out regular scheduled inventory checks of all guest rooms.
- Together with the Front Office Manager and Chief Engineer, is responsible for the maintenance, upkeep and presentation of all guest rooms, front and back of house areas.
- Oversees all decorations – including floral arrangements – of the Hotel.
- Well updated on all Housekeeping, safety and health regulations
- Minimum of three years’ experience in a similar position in 5-star hotel environment.
- Strong communication and leadership skills.
- Passionate about delivering the highest levels of service.
- An excellent command of English
- Ability to work to strict deadlines in an organised fashion and on own initiative.
- Proven experience in budget planning.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Opera Hotel Management system.