The Phoenicia has been delivering exceptional service to guests from all over the world. The hotel is a proud member of The Leading Hotels of the World.
We are looking for an energetic, passionate individual to join the Kitchen team on a fulltime basis in assisting the Executive Chef in ensuring the highest levels of food production in the kitchen. The chosen candidate will be further responsible for the day to day management of the kitchen during his/her shift, monitoring and ensuring that the set standards are kept at all times.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- In absence of Head chef, ensure the department is adequately staffed, being responsible for duty rosters and to delegate staff duties – this to include coverage for holidays, sickness and absenteeism
- Maintain the agreed standard detailed in the The Phoenicia Standards & Training Manual
- Assist Executive Chef/Head Chef(s) in all chef training and development.
- Assist other hotel departments as and when necessary and works in close coordination with Food and Beverage service team
- Ensure all junior chefs are correctly prepared and ready for “Service”
- Ensure that all food preparation areas are maintained in a clean and hygienic state
- Ensure that all food preparation, storage areas, equipment and machinery are maintained in a clean state and in good repair
- Experience and training in European leading 5 star hotels and restaurants in a supervisory level
- A leader and possess excellent managerial skills
- Committed, hardworking and with a flexible attitude
- Organised, systematic and ready to train, manage and motivate the team
- Computer literate and good communication skills especially in written and spoken English
- A thorough knowledge of HACCP processes
- Formal Catering related qualifications
How to apply
Send your cover letter and CV to our HR Manager on firstname.lastname@example.org or through the form on this page.