Event Sales Executive
We invite you to become part of The Phoenicia Story
Work at The Phoenicia Malta
Why? Besides, being a historical 5-star gem, a cherished national treasure, and beloved local landmark, The Phoenicia Malta has been attracting stars, socialites and the crowned heads of Europe for over 60 years. All our guests and employees alike, are our very own ‘stars’, our pride and joy.
A career promise for the stars of the industry (past, present and future).
Our commitment to work is the fruit of a unique collaboration, and a truly professional philosophy. We are all about giving a beautiful part of ourselves in each aspect of our thriving hotel operations. We promise you, that it will be a seriously enriching growth experience. A career you will always be proud of. Discover more, today.
Personality & Role Profile
You are ambitious, passionate and energetic person. You passionately look to grasp any opportunity to sell the hotel facilities while ensuring that guest receive a memorable experience. You will be expected to maximise hotel revenue and profitability through events, banqueting and weddings sales.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Promote a helpful and professional image to the customer when requiring assistance with full cooperation, ensuring a prompt, caring, and helpful attitude.
- Assist and follow-up on potential inquiries as necessary in a prompt, efficient, and professional manner.
- Strive to anticipate customer needs whenever possible to enhance quality service, and in turn enhance customer satisfaction in accordance with Hotel standards.
- Set yearly/periodic targets according to previous year’s results and according to current business trends as agreed with the Groups and Events Manager.
- Keep a constant update on availability of conference rooms in liaison with Reservations, the Revenue Manager, the F&B Operations Manager, and the Groups and Events Manager.
Desirable Experience, Qualifications, & Attributes
- Previous experience in event sales environment
- Proven record of negotiated deals related to events organisation
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications
- Excellent command of the English language and one other language
- Ability to work to strict deadlines in an organised fashion and on own initiative
- Knowledge of Opera Sales & Catering will be considered an asset
The Phoenicia Malta offers a safe haven to connect to people, and embrace inspiring stories. We have been delivering exceptional service to guests from all over the world. Our ultimate goal is to be the most amazing place to stay in the Mediterranean, while offering you the chance to be very much, an integral part of ‘the family’. Our hotel is a proud member of The Leading Hotels of the World. And we want you to be part of it.