We invite you to become part of The Phoenicia Story
Work at The Phoenicia Malta
Why? Besides, being a historical 5-star gem, a cherished national treasure, and beloved local landmark, The Phoenicia Malta has been attracting stars, socialites and the crowned heads of Europe for over 70 years. All our guests and employees alike, are our very own ‘stars’, our pride and joy.
A career promise for the stars of the industry (past, present and future).
Our commitment to work is the fruit of a unique collaboration, and a truly professional philosophy. We are all about giving a beautiful part of ourselves in each aspect of our thriving hotel operations. We promise you, that it will be a seriously enriching growth experience. A career you will always be proud of. Discover more, today.
Personality & Role Profile
You are ambitious, passionate and energetic person. You will be responsible for the day to day running of the Reservations Department and creating a working environment that includes development of people, excellent customer service and sales focus to maximise total hotel revenue.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Process all reservation requests within 24 hrs of receipt.
- Manage guest requests in a friendly and efficient manner.
- Manage incoming correspondence and reservation messages in a timely and accurate manner.
- Ensure reservations are inserted in Opera accurately with all relevant information within 24 hrs of receipt.
- Communicate appropriately special requests to all relevant departments.
- Apply up-selling techniques to maximise on total hotel revenue.
- Promote special offers, hotel outlets and services whenever possible.
- Maintain thorough knowledge about hotel product, services, and special offers.
- Check arrival lists and maintain the CRM with accurate information.
- Files all reservations in a systematic order for easy referral.
- Answer telephone calls in a timely and professional manner.
- Record and process deposits.
- Enrol guests into loyalty schemes.
- Report complaints and guest comments.
- Attend all relevant training sessions as required.
- Identify and communicate training needs.
- Provide the necessary training to employees.
- Provide personalised service and maintain high guest satisfaction.
- Perform employee appraisals and provide frequent feedback.
- Foster a can-do attitude, motivate employees and maintain positive harmony.
- Maintain and improve LQA score.
- Work closely with other departments.
- Follow departmental SOPs and maintain up-to-date documentation.
- Carry out Duty Management shifts.
- Assist the Director of Revenue in the implementation of revenue strategies and other tasks as required.
- Accept other responsibilities as required to achieve business goals and targets.
Desirable Experience, Qualifications, & Attributes
- Preferably one year experience in a similar role.
- Knowledge of Opera PMS.
- Fluent in verbal and written English.
- Very high attention to detail.
- Strong problem-solving skills including ability to effectively address any issues.
- Outgoing, team player and customer service oriented.
The Phoenicia Malta offers a safe haven to connect to people, and embrace inspiring stories. We have been delivering exceptional service to guests from all over the world. Our ultimate goal is to be the most amazing place to stay in the Mediterranean, while offering you the chance to be very much, an integral part of ‘the family’. Our hotel is a proud member of The Leading Hotels of the World. And we want you to be part of it.