Chef de Partie
We invite you to become part of The Phoenicia Story
Work at The Phoenicia Malta
Why? Besides, being a historical 5-star gem, a cherished national treasure, and beloved local landmark, The Phoenicia Malta has been attracting stars, socialites and the crowned heads of Europe for over 60 years. All our guests and employees alike, are our very own ‘stars’, our pride and joy.
A career promise for the stars of the industry (past, present and future).
Our commitment to work is the fruit of a unique collaboration, and a truly professional philosophy. We are all about giving a beautiful part of ourselves in each aspect of our thriving hotel operations. We promise you, that it will be a seriously enriching growth experience. A career you will always be proud of. Discover more, today.
Personality & Role Profile
You are a dedicated individual eager to assist the Executive chef, with the preparation and service of food in all establishments within our hotel, ensuring that the highest standards are maintained at all times.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensures all menu items are properly prepared following recipes, methods of preparation and presentation to maintain consistency
- Appropriate orderings, M.E.P., stock rotation and portion controls
- Ensuring that kitchen areas, equipment and utensils are always kept clean and tidy
- Assist in the training and development of Demi Chef de Parties and Commis Chefs that might be assigned
- Conversant with Health & Food Safety Policies and Food Safety Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP)
- Controls food wastage without compromising on food quality. Adjust the mise en place to ensure that correct portion control is prepared and set up for service in the kitchen, therefore at no time the kitchen will run short of menu items
- Ensures that all purchased and prepared foods are labelled, dated and food stocks rotated, kept in legal, hygienic conditions
Desirable Experience, Qualifications, & Attributes
- Previous experience and training in an international 5-star hotels or restaurants, is considered an asset
- Be motivated, a team player and of a positive attitude with a passion for good food and quality products
- Organised personal characteristics
- Have excellent communication skills and attention to detail in order to deliver outstanding quality and service.
Are you the one we are looking for?
The Phoenicia Malta offers a safe haven to connect to people, and embrace inspiring stories. We have been delivering exceptional service to guests from all over the world. Our ultimate goal is to be the most amazing place to stay in the Mediterranean, while offering you the chance to be very much, an integral part of ‘the family’. Our hotel is a proud member of The Leading Hotels of the World. And we want you to be part of it.