Department: Front Office
Job Type: Full Time
We are looking for an energetic, passionate individual to assist the Front Office Team on a full-time basis. Primarily responsible to greet and welcome all guest to the hotel and relieve guests of their luggage on arrival. Ensure that the highest standards of hospitality and welcome are demonstrated at all times, and that all guest requests are dealt with in a prompt and courteous manner. In addition to assisting guests with luggage, Porters are also responsible to collect and distribute post, parcels, and other deliveries. Also, the Porter must deal with general inquiries and ensure the lobby and forecourt areas are always clean and tidy.
Duties & Responsibilities
- To be present at the Concierge /Reception desk or in the lobby to be ready to assist guests, colleagues and visitors when requested.
- Greet and welcome guests with the appropriate greeting of the day and direct them personally to the reception desk.
- Assists guests with luggage to the front desk.
- Ensure collection and delivery of guest luggage and equipment in an efficient and timely manner.
- Deliver messages, packages and flowers to guests’ rooms and other offices.
- Assist with answering the telephone and taking messages, transferring calls or dealing with inquiries.
- To deliver overnight all guests newspapers, according to the prescribed procedure.
- To carry out guest shoeshine.
- To assist the night manager in performing any reasonable request.
- To carry out room service orders overnight, according to the prescribed procedure.
- To call taxis for guests and visitors, to open doors as appropriate and to give directions as required.
- To valet park guest cars in the hotels allocated car parking spaces.
- To direct traffic on the hotel forecourt and to ensure that the forecourt and entrance are not obstructed in any way and kept clean and tidy at all times, including the lobby area.
- The above description is not to be regarded as exhaustive. Other tasks and responsibilities of a broadly comparable nature may be added on a temporary or permanent basis, as appropriate.
- Excellent communication skills and a professional presentation.
- Highly responsible & reliable.
- Ready to work night shifts.
- Ability to work cohesively with fellow colleagues as part of a team.
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times.